5k – May 27, 2023 • 10k – June 10, 2023 • 15k – June 24, 2023
Join us for the 45th anniversary of The Original Race Series, Salt Lake City’s oldest race series! New location and dates. The race series will be held in Memory Grove Park (City Creek Canyon) close to downtown with a new late Spring kickoff! The race series will partner with the Deseret News Marathon folks to help runners prepare for the 7/24 Pioneer Day Races! Proceeds support the Making Strides program, which provides shoes, uniforms, and an introduction to running, to an underserved youth population in Salt Lake City.
Past years have sold out with a record number of participants!
MORE RACES. MORE MEMORIES.
Low Event Pricing
Exclusive Series Finisher Medal
Pre and Post-Race Festivities
DJ and Race Announcer
SELECTED BEST RACE
SERIES FOR BY USATF
- 5K – Saturday, May 27, 2023, 8 am
- 10K – Saturday, June 10, 2023, 8 am
- 15K – Saturday, June 24, 2023, 8 am
Make-up run – TBD
In the event a participant is unable to complete one of the series races we have instituted a “makeup run.” The “makeup run” is an untimed, noncompetitive, fun run to allow runners a safe alternative to earn the 45th Anniversary medal.
- Exclusive 45th anniversary medal to all series finishers
- Raffle giveaways
- 2023 Race shirt*
- Electronic timing chip and results
- Free photographs
- Supported aid stations
- Shelter and refreshments in the Memorial House
- Pre and post-race festivities
*Shirts are ordered based on registrations received by 12/1/2022. Therefore, shirt availability is not guaranteed for registrations after this date and will be on a first come first served basis at packet pickup.
|Series Price (5K + 10K + 15K)||$65||$70|
Discount for Club Members
Salt Lake City Track Club members are eligible for a significant discount on the series entry or single race entries, which will be applied during checkout. No code needed. Nonmembers will have the option to join before checkout.
Not a member? Want to learn more? click here
Course & Amenities
- Aid Stations: (see locations on map) An station aid station is located on the course. The aid station will consist of water for 5K and Gatorade and water for 10K and 15K.
- Medical Support: Medical staff is available at the start/finish area.
- Shelter: The Memorial House Building will open race day at 7:00 am with full access to restroom facilities.
- Refreshments: Beans & Brew coffee, hot chocolate, hot cider, water, Great Harvest Bread, peanut butter, honey, granola bars, and fresh fruit will be available after each race.
- Start and Finish: Races start and finish Memory Grove Park across from the Memorial House
- Course description: Each course is an out and back up/down City Creek Canyon
- Course Time Limit: There is not a course time limit. All abilities welcome.
- Electronic Timing Chip and Results: Professional race timing.
- Clocks and Mile Markers: Digital clocks are positioned at the start line and finish line of each race. The mile markers are positioned at each mile.
- Free Parking: There is plenty of free parking near the Utah State Capitol Building
Memory Grove Park is located at 300 N Canyon Rd, Salt Lake City, UT 84103. Please park near the Capitol Building and walk down the steps to the Memorial House. Parking is very limited in Memory Grove.
Cash prices for Overall and Masters winners. Also, RRCA and Age Group awards
- The top three Open and Masters (male and female) athletes will be determined by the order in which the athletes cross the finish line, regardless of when the athlete actually crossed the starting line. (aka: gun time.)
- All athletes 40 and over (on race day) are eligible to compete in the Masters division.
- Masters athletes are eligible to collect open prize money in addition to masters prize money should they place high enough overall.
- Net time will be used for all age-group scoring and awards.
- Age-divisions will be determined by an athlete’s age on race day for all Series races.
- Post-race raffles will be held after each race
Packet Pickup: TBD
Can I bring my dog to run with?
Sorry, no dogs are allowed on the running course.
Are strollers allowed?
Yes, strollers are allowed, but we ask that you start in the back of the pack.
What is your refund policy?
Sorry, we have a no refund policy.
How do I request ADA accommodations?
The Salt Lake City Track Club is dedicated to promoting the welfare of the Salt Lake running community. Our mission is threefold: provide social running opportunities to runners of all distances, contribute to the running community through donations and volunteerism, and organize several state-of-the-art road races every winter.